Experience shows that for untrained staff gluing on the orange Dimetix reflective foil is difficult and the result is often not satisfying. We therefore strongly recommend that you assign this task to a specialist (e.g. a graphic artist) who is skilled in handling self-adhesive foil.
Please also note the following information:
- We recommend sticking the foil on an aluminum plate, because we have had good experiences with this material. But other solid and smooth surfaces are also possible.
- The surface to which the foil is to be glued must be absolutely free of dust and grease.
- We recommend working the foil at 20 °C to 30 °C. The foil must not be worked below 10 °C and above 40 °C.
- The surface can be moistened with a little soapy water (approx. 5-8 drops of soap in 500 ml of water). A spray bottle is handy for this. Like this the foil can still be moved on the underlay for a little if necessary,
- Then use a soft plastic spatula to wipe out the air bubbles working from the center to the edge. At the same time the soapy water between the foil and the underlay is also wiped out. During this step, special care must be taken to ensure that the foil is not scratched.
- Let it dry for a day or two.
In many cases, the ready to use, orange Dimetix reflective target plate (Part.No. 500113) can be used as a simple and time-saving option.