Beginning from an approximate measuring distance of 70 m to 100 m and depending on the quality of a natural surface, reflectivity decreases to such an extent that reliable distance measurement is no longer possible.
However, if a calibrated, orange Dimetix reflective target plate is used, measuring distances of up to 500 m are possible (depending on the sensor type). Moreover, a reflective target plate generally results in higher measuring speed.
In addition, the following factors should be considered:
- The selection of a D-Series sensor type with suitable measuring range through the use of “Measuring range on reflective tape” found in the specification table. Remember that not only the maximum but also the minimum measuring distance must be considered
- The reflective target plate must not be scratched during assembly, operation and maintenance
- Depending on the application, it may be necessary to periodically clean the reflective target plate. Use a soft, non-scratchy cleaning cloth and soapy water for this. Solvents must not be used
- The permissable operation temperature range is -20 to +90 °C
- To assemble of the reflective target plate, please click here
- To cover a larger area with a orange Dimetix reflective foil, please click here